Fab? Maybe not quite that good, but I am feeling MUCH better.
I took a 25-minute walk, planned good eats and managed to get two blog posts written for my author blog.
I’ve also been playing on zazzle.com, where I can make a custom iPhone case. (Now that site’s full of fun stuff you didn’t know you needed.) But I think I’m going to hold off until I get the cover for my first release … or maybe my new website/logo.
Haven’t decided yet.
What I did decide is that shaved brussels sprouts rule. I first heard about them on other blogs, by folks who got to make regular trips to Trader Joe’s. I even got a couple of bags on my last TJ’s run … way back in March, if you can believe it. (I only get to go when I’m in Prescott for NARWA meetings, and I missed May’s meeting in favor of attending Blend2013.)
Imagine the happy dance I did when I spotted bags of shaved sprouts at Safeway the other day. They went into my cart immediately, and I used a good portion of the bag in Thursday’s lunch.
I saw this idea over at Carrots N Cake. But because I was too lazy to go searching, I winged it. In the mix:
- 1/4 cup diced onion and 1 1/2 cups shaved brussels sprouts, sauteed in 1/2 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 sausage link (I used Safeway’s Open Nature brand chicken Italian Sausage)
- 2 wedges of Laughing Cow white cheddar cheese
It turned out great. My only complaint was that the cheese didn’t get smooth-melty like a mac&cheese sauce — even after I popped the bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds. Once I resigned myself to not having a creamy cheese sauce, I wolfed that bowl down. So delicious!
Next time, I’ll probably boost the brussels sprout content to 2 cups.
Thursday’s eats weren’t quite as good as Wednesday’s. I ended up 98 calories under goal, with a breakdown of 42% fat, 34% carbs (about 136 net carbs) and 24% protein.
Five reasons I’m happy to be me
- Did I mention I now have two fantastic book covers with MY name on them? 😉
- A winning record for our softball team. Hey, 1-0 counts!
- iPhone upgrade (though I’m still catching up all my apps).
- Getting back in an exercise groove of sorts. (A streak of two days is still a streak, right?)
- Pedicure still looks great.
Five things that could be better
- Technical difficulties at work
- Moose’s obnoxious barking while he’s in his crate
- Exercise habits (Always room for improvement.)
- Cash flow. (There’s never enough of it.)
- Clutter. (Again.)
Five foods I used to hate but now can’t get enough of
- Brussels sprouts
- Anything lemon-flavored