When all else fails, it’s time to make a list, right?
Now, all I need to do is think of some topics for lists. Too bad it’s easier said than done when my brain seems to be on strike. Here goes …
My five favorite “Twilight Zone” episodes
(In honor of the July Fourth “Twilight Zone” marathon on SyFy)
- The one with the grandfather and his Mardi Gras masks
- The one with Burgess Meredith as the guy who loves to read
- The one with Jack Klugman as the pool shark
- The one with the professor from “Gilligan’s Island” who travels back to the time of Lincoln’s assassination
- The one with the guy who won’t leave his dog to go to “heaven”
So far, I haven’t seen any of those tonight — but I’ve only been watching for an hour and a half … and it’s nearing the tail-end of the marathon, so I may have missed the good ones.
Five least favorite “Twilight Zone” episodes
- The one with the bratty little boy everyone’s afraid to upset
- The one where the two women are trapped in a sweltering apartment as the Earth moves toward the sun
- The one with the pig-faced people who are supposed to be normal
- The one where the Professor from “Gilligan’s Island” somehow pulls the Old West criminal into modern times
- The one with Samantha from “Bewitched” as a soldier
- Buying books
- Long, hot showers
Why do they all involve spending money? I need to come up with a list of FREE non-food ways to pamper myself. Any ideas?
(Jenn Campoli and I came up with these, and several more, when she was coaching me. I’ve been trying to revisit them.)
- I am fabulous and making progress everyday
- I am eating foods that make me feel good
- I can make healthy choices
- I feel good about my choices
- I love me, right here, right now
- Rancher to the Rescue by my critique partner, Jennifer Faye
- The Naughty Never Die by L.L. Kellogg, one of my Golden Heart sisters from the Class of 2011
- Drawing the Line by Kimberly Kincaid, another GH sister
- Brenda Novak’s When Lightning Strikes
- Head Over Heels by Jill Shalvis
Five things I haven’t had a chance to try from my #Blend2013 swag bag
- The Good Bean snacks. (I keep seeing rave reviews.)
- Bob’s Red Mill Muesli (Sorry, Bob — I’ve been stuck on MuesliFusion.)
- Core Power shakes
- Essential Eating whole grain elbow macaroni
- The Simply Bar (but I LOVED the Simply Protein chips)
I’d better get on that, eh? Anyone else still have swag left over, or am I the only one who’s slow on the uptake?
Well … I think this turned into a decent blog post after all. Blogger’s block, begone!