The good news about my Thursday? Well, it went much better than Wednesday.
First of all, I managed a walk of 2-plus miles. It took me 38 minutes, but I was up early enough that the extra walking time didn’t put me too far behind. Plus, the extra distance meant that I ended the day with more than 6,600 steps on my pedometer. Beats the heck out of Wednesday’s 2,115.
My eats were a lot more satisfying, too. Amazing what happens when I add a few veggies to the mix, eh?
So this post qualifies for “Friday Five” status, let’s make a list:
Five delicious items that crossed my lips
1. This smoothie. A variation on my Pineapple Upside Down Cake Smoothie, this one was made with 1 cup pineapple, 1 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, a handful of ice cubes and 1/2 teaspoon butter extract. No protein powder this time. I’m not sure, but I think I like it better without.
2. A Kashi dark chocolate coconut granola bar. It was my post-work snack — a healthier option than ice cream or frozen yogurt, right? I suppose homemade banana ice cream would be even better in the clean eats department.
3. Noodle-less spaghetti. I pulled my last container out of the freezer. As soon as I make sure my new freezer works, I’ll be making another batch.
4. A delicious Skinny Iced Caramel Macchiato from Starbucks.
5. A tasty veggie burger. Still mining my freezer, I pulled out one of Lindsay’s Asian Black Bean Burgers. But I knew I wanted some veggies with that burger … so I mixed 1 Tablespoon of Greek yogurt and 1 teaspoon of peanut butter to make a dressing for some broccoli slaw. It was an inspired idea. It might not look like much — and it was a little messy to eat, but that didn’t keep it from being delicious.
I’ll be trying that again, for sure. I bet it’d be just as good if I doubled the amount of dressing and broccoli slaw and crumbled the burger over the top — and then I could ditch the Sandwich Thin. Hmm …
Note the classy paper towel “plate.” My desk drawer stash of paper plates ran out, so I had to improvise. I’ll have to remember to pick up some more paper plates at the dollar store today.
The interesting thing about Thursday’s eats? When I left the house, I had 8 WW Points unaccounted for (same as Wednesday). Whereas on Wednesday, I used them ALL for a mocha cookie crumble Frappuccino, Thursday I got the macchiato and a bag of popcorn. Guess which was more satisfying?
Don’t get me wrong. The Frappuccino was delicious and I loved every sip, slurp and swallow (my Starbucks addiction is a sickness, I’m sure). But the macchiato and popcorn lasted longer. It tasted great, too.
Thursday’s meals as a whole were more satisfying. More fruits/veggies = a happier me.
Grrr. Why is it so easy to forget that fact?
P.S. Does anyone else think the new ability to search just your pins on Pinterest is the best idea ever? I was able to find my Asian Black Bean Burger pin in seconds! And it’ll take you right to Lindsay’s recipe.