The Boyfriend called me on his way to work Thursday (just like the old days), which made for an earlier wake-up. Since it was actually breakfast time when I was eating breakfast, I decided to have — gasp! — cereal.
It wasn’t just any cereal, either. This was Fiber One. Chocolate Fiber One. Yes. I said Chocolate Fiber One.
Mind you, I’m not much of a cereal eater anymore. Years on Atkins cured me of that habit. However, when I spotted the box of Chocolate Fiber One in Walmart a few weeks ago, I was sufficiently intrigued to pick it up — not intrigued enough to open the box immediately, but enough to buy it.
Thursday morning, the timing was finally right. I weighed out a serving (equal to 3/4 cup) on my handy kitchen scale, topped it with diced strawberries and unsweetened almond milk, and dug right in.
The problem with eating breakfast at 9 a.m.? I was hungry again by noon.
I’d just run to Target to pick up some Zyrtec for my dog, Cocoa. Chobani was on sale, so I also snagged some of that, as well as some barbecue-flavored baked kettle chips that had just 3 WW Points per 20-chip serving. I took the bag of chips in to Starbucks with me, along with the sandwich I made for the lunch I usually eat at 3 p.m.
The sandwich was inspired, if I do say so myself: Turkey, spinach, deli mustard, a wedge of Laughing Cow garlic herb cheese and some apple slices. I had 3/4 of an apple left over from Wednesday night’s after-work snack, so I decided why not?
Turned out to be a great decision. Yum! It was so good I forgot to snap its photo until the very last bite.
Gosh, it’s nice to have my appetite back.
My eating schedule was a bit off, though. I ended up wanting my dinner at around 6 p.m., rather than my usual 7 or later. Ah well. Nobody’s perfect.
Let’s get on with the Friday Five action, shall we?
Last 5 Apps I downloaded
- Dropbox for iPhone
- Dropbox for MacBook
- Evernote for Macbook
- Plant Nanny (My plant has sprouted, but it just started looking peaked when I got home from work. I sucked down a bottle of water, and it’s still not right.)
- Candy Crush Saga
5 Things I’m looking forward to in the Near Future
- Seeing the Boyfriend
- Visiting my brother, sister-in-law, nephew and niece
- Reading my friend Abigail Sharpe’s debut with Forever Yours, “Who Wants to Marry a Cowboy?” (Who doesn’t want to marry a cowboy, I ask you?)
- Starting a new DietBet. (Yes, I joined another DietBet. This one’s sponsored by DietToGo and starts Monday. Join me with this link.)
- Blend Retreat
5 Things I’m Looking Forward to Longer-Term
- Working with a designer to revamp my author website.
- Releasing my first novel.
- Crossing back into One-derland … and staying there.
- Getting through some of the books on my massive TBR pile.
- Fitting back into my favorite Eddie Bauer jeans (size 10).
Here’s hoping those writing goals and weight-loss goals aren’t mutually exclusive! Now that I’m feeling better, I need to hop right back on the workout wagon.