Finally feeling human again

After lying in bed all day Sunday, aching and half-in/half-out of sleep, I managed to survive a shift at work — and surprisingly, I feel better now than I did when I started.

Perhaps it was getting a little real food in my system (an egg white/turkey sausage flatbread sandwich from Dunkin’ Donuts, along with three Munchkins, after a failed attempt to drink a peach smoothie when I woke up. I could only finish about half before I put the rest back in the freezer for later. Much later.) …

Maybe whatever I had just ran its course …

Perhaps I perked up thanks to the knowledge that I’m 14.1 pounds from One-derland … (When I weighed in Monday morning, the dreaded scale put me at 214 pounds. My recycled “dreaded scale” shot is from several months ago.)

20130507-010352.jpgOr maybe it was the sheer elation of catching a glimpse of collarbone in the mirror. (And maybe I just wanted an excuse to post a picture of my rediscovered collarbones. The rest of me certainly doesn’t look particularly photogenic.)

Welcome back, collarbones. I’ve missed you.

Still no word on my laptop, and I’m starting to get very nervous. Think I’ll try calling them tomorrow. Surely they should know something after having it Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Monday.

Just a heads-up: Because I’m blogging from my desk at work, after clocking out, this post is going to be short and sweet so I can get home and get some more much-needed rest.

I’m hoping I’ll feel up to a slow walk around the neighborhood when I wake up this morning. But if I’m still weak and achy, I’ll just take a shower and lounge around.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s