I know, I know: I’m about a week late for Kenlie’s Friend Makin’ Monday. However, since her most recent topic was “TV, Movies & Me,” I had to play along. You guys know I could talk movies ALL. Day. Long.
Without further delay, let’s get to the goods.
TV, Movies and Me
1. If you could be a recurring star on a show that is currently on TV, which show would you choose? Is “Bones” still on the air? I might have to take a pass on this question, since I work through prime time and have little idea what’s on anymore. Oh, wait — can I be one of the investigators in “Criminal Minds”?
2. Name the movie that you are most embarrassed to admit that you love. “John Tucker Must Die” or “Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen” (with Lindsay Lohan). In my defense, it came out long before she went off the rails.
3. Name one show that you’ve never seen and would love to watch. I’d have to be living under a rock to not be curious about “Game of Thrones.”
4. Do you ever go to movies alone? All the time. Just saw “GI Joe” by myself last weekend, and will probably see “42” this weekend.
5. If you could only watch one TV show for the next year, which show would you choose and why? “Psych.” I love the banter between Shawn and Gus — and the 80s references. Plus, the show never fails to deliver laughs.
6. If you could star in one reality show, which one would it be and why? I love reality shows — the cheesier, the better. If FOX reprises “My Big, Fat, Obnoxious Fiance,” sign me up! That was a fun one. Just as long as it’s not ID’s “Who the Bleep” or “Dates from Hell.” Although, I guess those are more real-life series than true reality shows.
7. If someone rented a billboard for you, what would it say? Ooh … I know the answer to this one!
You can read the response I wrote after reading Theodora’s post here.
8. Who is the most famous person with whom you have been in the same room? Hmm … I interviewed Pauly Shore by phone once, then attended his comedy show when he came to Logansport. Does that count?
As an aspiring romance writer, I also spend a weekend every summer with some of the biggest names in the genre. I had total fan-girl moments when I got to talk to Cherry Adair and Christina Dodd. And I rode in an elevator and chatted up Kristan Higgins. Amazing!
Our sports editor ran into Ian Ziering of “Beverly Hills 90210” fame at Mike & Ronda’s diner here in Flagstaff a couple of years ago.
9. If you were chosen to be a contestant on a TV game show, which show would you want to be on? Jeopardy! So long as there were no math or geography categories, I’d do great.
10. If there was a movie being made about you, which actor would you choose to play you? Well, the celebrity lookalike generator told me just last week I look like Brittany Snow … and she’s the star of my favorite guilty pleasure movie in Question 2 above, so …
Of course, I wouldn’t turn away Kate Hudson or Reese Witherspoon if they wanted to play me in a movie. They’re both fantastic comedic actresses, and I’d be lucky to have either one.