1. Outside my window I see . . . The McDonald’s across the street from Starbucks, where I’m camped out to write today.
2. My kitchen counters are . . . standard-issue manufactured home counters. But I love our island.
3. Yesterday I drank . . . Water, iced coffee from Starbucks, diet A&W root beer
4. My cell phone is . . . an iPhone4 (not even a 4s). Almost time for an upgrade!
5. My computer is . . . my constant companion. A white MacBook I bought to replace my iBookG4.
6. My favorite reality show is . . . Joe Millionaire — or My Big, Fat, Obnoxious Fiance. (The trashier, the better, and FOX is the king of trashy reality TV. Remember “Mr. Personality,” with your host, Monica Lewinisky?)
7. My workouts are . . . not as consistent as I’d like them to be. I want to start walking regularly, then running. I’d love to run a half marathon this time next year.
8. The last book I read is . . . “I Love the Earl” by Caroline Linden. It was a RITA award-winning novella (historical romance).
9. My week will be . . . better than the last one. I spent last week sick, but am starting to feel almost normal again.
10. So far 2013 has been . . . busy. And it shows no signs of slowing down. But that’s okay. I’d rather be busy than bored.