I’m sure y’all are tired of hearing me whine about how sick I am — because I’m tired of hearing it, too. Lucky for all of us, I think I’m finally on the mend.
How can I tell? Well, aside from my insane impulse to emulate David Letterman with a Top 10 list I’ve just realized is in no way funny …
- I was awake and alert at 9 a.m. Thursday.
- I actually cooked myself real food — if you call a Boca chicken patty and butternut squash fries “real food.”
- I did dishes and a couple loads of laundry. (I still have a hamper full of dirty clothes, but it felt nice to slip into my favorite Old Navy jeans again … even if they are a size 16.)
- I made it through a full shift at work without wanting to pass out — and I only wrapped myself in my afghan for the last hour or so.
- My appetite returned … with a vengeance. I snacked on a slice of leftover pizza and didn’t turn down a fun-size Snickers a coworker offered me. But before I took either one, I checked the Points and accounted for them in my tracker. I ended up using 3 of my flex points, on top of my allotted 37.
- My Twitter/Facebook/Instagram presence quadrupled. I felt rather chatty after several days of relative silence.
- I forgot to take my second dose of DayQuil … and I might even skip the NyQuil.
- I broke 2K steps on my pedometer (but not 2.5K). Wednesday, I didn’t hit much more than 1.5K.
- I made it to Starbucks for writing time before work. Sure beats the heck out of staring into space at Dunkin’ Donuts.
- I started complaining about the weather. Seriously? I haven’t even stopped wearing my snow boots from the last storm and now we’re getting more? Ugh!
Bonus reason: When I got home from work, I didn’t collapse into bed straightaway. Instead, I put something in the Crock Pot to eat Friday/throughout the weekend. I’m excited to resurrect Hungry Girl’s Slow Cookin’ Pulled Chicken. I remember this as one of my go-to recipes during my last go-round on Weight Watchers.
Could I make it with less junk? I could probably axe the ketchup in favor of extra tomato sauce and a few more spices, and use honey or molasses in place of the brown sugar. Maybe I will, someday.
But for now, why mess with perfection?
P.S. Enjoy the gratuitous picture of my dog, Cocoa, with the not-so-little-anymore Moose. Hard to believe how big he’s getting.