This new food journal I’ve committed to is definitely a work in progress.
I found out photos taken through the PaleoViz app don’t show up in my photo gallery, which means I have to take them first, then pull them into the app.
The other glitch in my journaling? The photo collage app I downloaded only has layouts for up to four photos per grouping. What about those five- or six-small-meal-days?
Ah well — at least I can get most of Thursday’s eats in one picture.
Clockwise, from top left:
- Tuna with cabbage, sesame oil and homemade mayo
- Homemade Larabar
- Sliced banana with nut butter
- Chicken, avocado and apple
- Breakfast: Fried egg sandwiched between two Paleo Pumpkin Pancakes left over from yesterday
- Starbucks: A pumpkin spice latte made with heavy cream (totally NOT paleo, I know, but I didn’t want to resist.)
Note that word choice: Not “I couldn’t” resist. I “didn’t want to” resist. It’s an important distinction, I think. I could have said “no”; I just didn’t want to.
They say discipline involves giving up what you want for the moment for what you want most. Today’s latte was an undisciplined choice, to be sure — but I savored it and enjoyed it (and hopefully won’t want another one for at least a week).
Overall, PaleoViz gave me a score of 73. Not bad. Not great, but in this case, I’ll gladly take a C. Today, I’m aiming for at least 80.