When I went to bed Thursday night, I was seriously considering notching W5D3 of C25K Friday morning.
I knew Saturday would be a no-go because I have to be on the road to Payson by 8 a.m., and I probably won’t get a chance to run on Sunday, either. So I was going to attempt it Friday before work.
Until I forgot to set my alarm. That’s two days this week my alarm slipped my mind — and this time, I suspect it was my subconscious telling me I didn’t really want to workout Friday morning.
Maybe my subconscious was right. That 20-minute run still scares the crap out of me. It’s not so much that I’m scared I can’t do it. If I can run for 8 minutes, I can run for 20, right? Okay, maybe I AM scared I can’t do it. Or maybe I’m scared I CAN do it and will like it so much that I’ll want to run all the time. I’ll start running 5Ks and 10Ks and then half-marathons … running will eat up all my writing time.
*Snort.* That’s a long shot, for sure.
Anyway, Friday’s over. Despite my not working out, there was some good news:
- I was down another 1.8 pounds this morning (back down to 221.4).
- The work week’s over, and I managed to get off by 9:30 p.m.
- I finally sat down to pay the bills I’ve been meaning to take care of since last Friday.
- I ordered iced tea at Starbucks for the second straight day.
- I’m looking forward to tomorrow’s plot group/NARWA board meeting in Payson. It’ll be a haul to get there, but it should be tons of fun. I love my writers’ group.