The challenge? Thirty health-related posts in 30 days, using prompts prepared by the folks at WEGO Health.
Day 27: 5 challenges. 5 small victories. Make a list of the 5 most difficult parts of your health focus. Make another top 5 list for the little, good things (small victories) that keep you going.
I love this idea. I’m just not sure which list will be easier to come up with.
- Getting enough exercise. Duh. After skipping Thursday’s workout, that was an easy one.
- Saying “no” to those darn Faux Frappuccinos I order at Starbucks. It makes it even harder when all the baristas see me coming and know my order.
- Trying not to let the scale get me down. I KNOW it’s just a number, but no matter how often I repeat it to myself, that number still has the power to make or break my day.
- Standing up for the low-carb diet I believe in. I hate it when people tell me “you should eat some carbs.” They might be fine for most people, but they’re not good for me. Period. Yet, for some reason, I have a hard time explaining my position.
- Not throwing in the towel when I go several weeks without seeing progress. I’m struggling with this one right now. I almost ordered a milkshake at Arby’s Thursday, using the “you’re not losing anyway, so one won’t hurt” excuse. I refrained, though.
5 small victories
- Being able to turn down break-room snacks I’d have previously scarfed in mass quantities. (Thursday it was chocolate chip cookies and cupcakes.)
- Flexing my arm and seeing a bicep.
- Looking at pictures of myself and thinking “I look pretty good.”
- Having clearer skin thanks to all the H2O I consume.
- Feeling strong and in control of food, instead of having it control me.
For the record, the victories were MUCH easier to list than the challenges. I could probably come up with five more, no sweat.