Last night, I had a first I could have done without: My first scorpion sting. One of the hazards of staying on the desert, I suppose — but it doesn’t mean I have to like it.
I was fast asleep when I got stung. At first, I didn’t know what was going on. My hip hurt, so I sat up and felt the area. Nothing felt weird, so I laid back down and tried to go back to sleep.
No dice. It still felt not right.
So I got up again. After warning the Boyfriend that I was turning on the light, I did … and saw a red bump on my hip.
“I think something bit me,” I complained.
As I was showing him the mark, he said it looked like a scorpion sting. About the same time, he said, “It just got me, too.”
He jumped off the bed and I saw something crawl over the edge of the bed. (I didn’t want to get close enough to see what it was,so I’ll have to take his word for it that it was a scorpion.)
The Boyfriend captured the little stinger and flushed him down the toilet.
“No one stings me and lives to tell about it.”
After taking some Benadryl, we took the mattress into the living room and watched the tail-end of “Monday Night Raw,” then “Suits.” That’s not a bad little lawyer show. (It’s no Ally McBeal, but it’s still entertaining.)