… You take ’em both and there you have … a day that wasn’t great but could have been much, much worse.
I made a couple of decisions I was proud of:
- At Starbucks, I skipped the whippped cream on my Happy Hour Frappuccino. (OK, I did it because I got a brownie and didn’t think I needed BOTH whipped cream and brownie … but still, I did it.)
- After a stressful evening at work (it looked for a while like I wasn’t getting my requested vacation days), I pointed the car toward Wendy’s. But before I even made it out of the office parking lot, I decided to go home and fix myself a healthier snack instead.
- I parked farther away from the stores while I was running errands, so I logged more steps on the pedometer.
I also made some not-so-great decisions:
- The aforementioned brownie at Starbucks.
- Dinner at Taco Bell. (I canceled the effects of the Fresco-style burrito supreme with a regular taco supreme and a side of cheesy nachos.)
- Stress-ate a my way through a bag of Cheddar and Sour Cream Ruffles from the vending machine at work. (There were perfectly good Sun Chips a few slots over that would have been a much better choice, but I got the regular chips anyway.)
- Started the day off tracking, but lost count somewhere between the brownie and the Taco Bell.
Like I said: It could have been worse. The car was pointed toward Wendy’s, where I was going to get that stupid $3 double cheesburger value meal. I talked myself into heading home for leftover spaghetti sauce over a Sandwich Thin instead.
Good choice: 3 to 4 Points instead of God knows how many.
I’m going to try to make even better choices Saturday. It won’t be easy, though, because I have my writer’s group meeting.